The Baltimore International Black Film Festival (BIBFF) promotes and celebrates culturally significant films directed, produced, and staring African American and members of the African Diaspora. We also prominently feature and celebrate films with content of interest to the Same Gender Loving – Bisexual and Transgender (SGLBT) community. Our mission is to couple the film festival with education, health and exhibition programs to enrich the life of Baltimore City and the greater Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia communities.
October 15, 2017 – SUBMISSIONS OPEN
January 15, 2018 – EARLY DEADLINE
March 25, 2018 – REGULAR DEADLINE
May 31, 2018 – LATE DEADLINE
July 31, 2018 – EXTENDED DEADLINE
September 23, 2018 – FFW EXTENDED DEADLINE
For any submission questions contact: email@example.com
SUBMITTING VIA FILMFREEWAY The Baltimore International Black Film Festival prefers online entries submitted exclusively via, Filmfreeway.com, the world’s best online submissions platform. FilmFreeway offers free HD online screeners, Vimeo and YouTube integration, and more. FilmFreeway’s internet-only submission platform features online applications via one master entry form, online fee payments, press kits, and the option to use Secure Online Screeners, an economical, eco-friendly, and secure alternative to traditional hard-copy DVD submissions which provides for cost-saving, paperless submission. Fill out one master entry form and take advantage of quick entry, extended deadlines, and powerful submission management tools. There’s no extra cost to you. Click to submit your film with FilmFreeway today!
If you prefer not to submit through Filmfreeway.com, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for the form. Write your tracking number on the face of your DVD and on the front of your envelope and mail it to us along with your film and payment, to the Baltimore International Black Film Festival office at the following address: If you choose to mail your film the submissions must be sent prepaid (including any applicable customs fees) to:
Baltimore Int’l Black Film Festival
P. O. Box #12526
Baltimore, MD 21217 United States
For Programming questions: email@example.com
SUBMITTING BY THE DEADLINE The above are dates that your film MUST BE POSTMARKED. If your film is not postmarked by the deadline that you have registered for, you will be prompted to make an additional payment to bring your account up to date. Once you have filled out the application, if you are mailing a DVD please write your tracking number on the face of your DVD and on the front of your envelope and mail it to us the address below. The nonrefundable entry fee must be payable in US dollars to BALTIMORE INTERNATIONAL BLACK FILM FESTIVAL or BIBFF. Entries must be POSTMARKED by the deadline. Submission costs vary depending on category and discounts. When submitting to the festival you are agreeing that if chosen to screen during the dates of the festival, BIBFF will not pay any additional screening fees presented by the submitter. The only acceptation would be if it is agreed upon prior to a certain films submission.
ELIGIBILITY The Baltimore International Black Film Festival provides a showcase for U.S. and International feature, documentary, short films and web series. The Baltimore International Black Film Festival reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any project submitted. Only works completed in 2017 and 2018 are eligible for competition. The Writer, Director, Producer (if 1 sole producer only) must be of African descent OR must tell a story of the Black experience of feature a person of African descent in a leading role. DVDs and any application materials sent to the Baltimore International Black Film Festival will not be returned. If confirmation receipt of entry is required, please include a self addressed stamped postcard.
- Feature films, short films, documentaries and web series must have been completed after January 1, 2017.
- Feature films must not have had any commercial theatrical or television play in Baltimore.
- All foreign films, features and short films in languages other than English must be subtitled in English to be considered for Festival presentation.
- The following provides general submission information for submission of Web Series:
- Entrants must submit three original episodes of the Web series for consideration (as one file)
- Running Time: Each episode must be no more than 8 minutes in length
- All genres accepted: animation, drama, comedy, documentary style, reality based etc.
- All other submission requirements and deadlines as indicated for features and short films apply to web series.
- Complete your submission form online via Filmfreeway.com.
- Upload your film at Filmfreeway.com
- If you cannot upload online, provide 1 Preview DVD or BluRay.
- Entry fee payment.
- Label all submission materials with your Filmfreeway tracking number (DVD’s, mailing envelope, correspondence).
- All foreign language entries must have English subtitles.
SCREENERS If your film is selected the Festival will require:
- Theatrical presentation format of your Features and Documentaries which includes: DVD, BluRay or DCP. (2 copies of DVD or BluRay required)
- A Digital File is also required for shorts programs. (plus DVD & BluRay discs)
- Electronic press kit with filmmaker bios, photo stills, plus, film trailers or clip reels, if available.
LIABILITY Although every possible care will be taken with tapes and films while in our possession, the Baltimore International Black Film Festival cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage. Do not send original prints or tapes. Please keep the BIBFF notified of any address/phone number changes.
*Filmfreeway logos are trademarks of Filmfreeway or its affiliates*